- Vancouver School District Board Director (2009 – Nov. 2017).
- Candidate for State Representative, WA Legislature, 18th LD (2016)
- Led $80K renovation of school courtyard at Vancouver School of Arts and Academics (VSAA). Led $10K renovation of playgrounds at Eleanor Roosevelt Elementary.
- Led development of Roosevelt arts space working with school, district staff, community artists and local businesses to complete $7K project.
- PTA President, Eleanor Roosevelt and VSAA.
- Member of school committees formed to address budget shortfall, Parent Advisory Council for superintendent and site-based at VSAA, Roosevelt.
- Active school volunteer, Lunch Buddy, mentor and committee member at all levels – school site, district and regional (2000-2016).
- Participant in Design II: The Art of Imagination strategic-planning initiative study groups with a focus on family and community involvement (2007 – 2009).
- Participant in three-year School Improvement Plan process at Eleanor Roosevelt Elementary.
Communication and Collaboration
- High-level of coordination and collaboration with VPS staff, local business community to complete projects at VSAA and Roosevelt.
- 13-years of experience reporting, editing, managing staff for newspapers in Colorado, Arizona, California and Oregon
Advocacy and Innovation
- Co-founder and parent advisor for Student Leadership Club (2005-2009) at Eleanor Roosevelt Elementary School. A group consisting of 20 students, the school counselor and parent advisor.
- Founder and coordinator of Eleanor Roosevelt CARES Community Action Team 2007. The group volunteered at the Oregon Food Bank.
- Parent facilitator for Junior Achievement BizTown Curriculum and Community Simulation Project. (2009, 2010, 2011).
- Mentored team of student reporters and collaborated with Lake Grove Elementary School to create a school newspaper in Lake Oswego.
- Lunch Buddy at Roosevelt, Lincoln and McLoughlin (2006-2010).
- Reading tutor Chinook, Roosevelt (2004-2009).
- Mentor at Fort Vancouver High School for at-risk women.
- Washington State School Directors’ Association honored the VPS Board of Directors as a Board of Distinction for 5 consecutive years, which earned the board a Special Merit Award in 2013. In 2010 and 2011, Vancouver’s board was WSSDA’s Board of the Year for twice receiving the highest score among the Boards of Distinction
- National Magna Award winner 2017, 2015, 2014, 2011.
- Two-time winner of the Roosevelt PTA Golden Acorn Award.
- Winner of the 2009 Vancouver PTA Council Service Award for volunteer service to the district and students.
- Award-winning journalist in Colorado, Arizona, California, Oregon
- High school state champion; college scholarship and Division I athlete
- VSAA Children’s Theatre Company volunteer and 9-year Day of Caring parent chaperone.
- Moms Demand Gun Sense/Every Town for Gun Sense volunteer, advocate
- Oregon and Clark County food bank volunteer
- Leadership Lake Oswego graduate
- Three-time volunteer puppy-raiser with Canine Companions for Independence, CCI.
- Long-time school volunteer, mentor, advocate
- Ex-officio member Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools
- Ex-officio member Citizens for Good Schools Committee
- AAUW – American Association of University Women
- WPD – Washington’s Paramount Duty
- WSSDA – Washington State School Directors Association
- NSBA – National School Boards Association
- WA State Progressive Caucus
- HRoC PAC, Vancouver WA
- Clark County Democrats
- 18th Legislative District Democrats
- Clark County Democratic Women
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science – 1985
Colorado State University. Ft. Collins, CO